With the population in urban areas growing so rapidly the advent of medium/high density housing is becoming more and more prevalent. As we are all living closer and closer together we often receive queries from individuals and real estate agents regarding the ‘Standard’ By-Laws which usually govern these types of dwelling arrangements.
Whilst we note that many developers amend and add to the usual By Laws, a good rule of thumb for peaceful community living is to abide by the standard By- Laws as set down in the Act .
Should you need to obtain information about By- Laws that are applicable on a specific property a search of the title can be obtained which will disclose the By-Laws.
The Standard By-Laws deal with the following issues:
- Damage to lawns, gardens etc.
- Damage to common property
- Behaviour of invitees (guests of the owners)
- Leaving of rubbish etc. on the common property
- Appearance of lot
- Storage of flammable materials
- Garbage disposal
- Keeping of animals – note – Guide, hearing and assistance dogs: A by-law cannot exclude or restrict a right given by this section.
Please contact our office should you need further explanation in relation to the topics listed above or should you have any other queries regarding responsibilities or obligations of either the Body Corporate or an Owner on 1800 621 071 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us using our online enquiry form.