Lucy’s legal career began in 2010 and since then Lucy has worked exclusively in the area of estate litigation. Lucy has worked for both Queensland and New South Wales firms and is now based on the border of New South Wales and Queensland. Lucy is competent in the jurisdictions of NewSouth Wales, Queensland and Victoria, and has a thorough understanding of the complex discrepancies between New South Wales, Queensland and Victorian Succession Law culminating in an ability to provide sound advice for those clients who have cross-jurisdictional issues.
Lucy is a calm, level headed lady who does not look like the stereotype litigation lawyer. However, her vast knowledge and steely determination is welcomed, and instils confidence, in clients who are aggrieved by their family’s decisions upon their death.
Lucy is able to assist with:
- family provision claims and defences, and other litigious estate matters in the Supreme Court of New South Wales, the District Court of Queensland and the Supreme Court of Queensland;
- applications for Probate in solemn form;
- applications for construction and rectification of Wills;
- applications for Statutory Wills on behalf of a person who lacks testamentary capacity in the Supreme Court of Queensland and the Supreme Court of New South Wales;
- providing advice on the rights and the role of executors/trustees and the appointment and removal of executors/trustees;
- notional estate orders (within New South Wales);
- cross-border issues where complicated jurisdictional and choice of law questions arise;
- contentious issues arising out of grants of Probate, estate administration and executor’s duties;
- superannuation death benefit/insurance claims and the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal; and
- powers of attorney disputes and compensation to estates.
Lucy is currently studying a Master of Applied Law (Wills & Estates) degree through the College of Law.
Lucy is a valuable member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP). STEP is the worldwide professional association for those advising families across generations. STEP promotes best practice, professional integrity and education to their members.
Connect with Lucy on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucy-mcpherson-63b81960