At Attwood Marshall we are proud of our long history of providing quality legal help to the people of the Gold Coast and Northern New South Wales region.
Attwood Marshall traces its foundations to post war 1946 when the late Eric Attwood commenced a practice in the Tweed Heads/Coolangatta area at the conclusion of World War II. Eric Attwood subsequently formed a partnership with Bob Marshall and Jack Woodward to form Attwood Marshall & Woodward. Eric’s son, Richard Attwood joined the partnership in the 1970’s and Jack Woodward left to set up his own practice in 1979. From that point on, the firm has been known as Attwood Marshall. Although still associated with the firm’s progress and activities, Bob Marshall retired from the practice in 1989 and Richard Attwood retired in 2001.
In its heyday the firm had eight partners, three offices and 100 staff. Today Jeff Garrett Legal Practice Director and owner of Attwood Marshall, employs 32 staff including two partners and has become an incorporated legal practice in accordance with the provisions of the Legal Profession Act 2007 Qld.