Employment Lawyers Gold Coast
Helping you resolve disputes in relation to unfair dismissal, discrimination, bullying and harassment, wrongful termination, sexual harassment, wages and entitlements.
At Attwood Marshall Lawyers, our Gold Coast employment law experts are focused on helping workers from all fields resolve their disputes.
Our team understand that employees are often put in situations that mean they are at a disadvantage when disputing a work-related matter with their employer. There is often a power imbalance that’s associated with these circumstances. Employers tend to have the upper hand as they know that employees rely upon their work for financial security. Employers tend to have the support of human resources staff and procedures ready for them to access when they need it.
Our Gold Coast Employment Lawyers support employees across all fields. If you have experienced mistreatment on the job, and any of the below, we can help you understand your rights and entitlements:
- Unfair dismissal
- Inappropriate treatment
- Sexual Harassment
- Withholding of wages and/or entitlements
- Unfair disciplinary proceedings.
Our team offer an initial phone call or face-to-face discussion for a modest fee, where we can evaluate your eligibility for compensation and the circumstances of your claim.
We will listen to your instructions, assess your case and give advice about the steps you should take next. If you’d like us to move forward with the claim, we will then provide you with estimated costs to progress your matter.
To speak with our supportive employment lawyers and to begin your employment law claim, call Attwood Marshall Lawyers on 1800 621 071.
Book online now
Free Info Pack
Provide your details below and our Employment Disputes Information Pack will be sent to your inbox.
In this pack, we include information about employment law, workplace disputes, what entitlements you may be eligible to claim, and information about the claim’s process.
Gold Coast Employment Law Claims – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This refers to the law that governs the relationship between an employer and employee and contracts. Our employment lawyers represent workers to ensure their rights are protected.
Our employment law experts focus on unfair dismissal, discrimination, wrongful termination, sexual harassment or bullying, harassment, redundancy, contract challenges, work injuries and accidents, industrial disputes, and issues relating to general employment.
- Call Attwood Marshall Lawyers and one of our expert employment lawyers will conduct an initial appointment with you. Here you will be given advice about your rights and what steps to take next.
- If you tell us you’d like us to act on your behalf for the claim, we’ll provide you with fee estimates and a Cost Agreement, represent you across the entirety of the claim, and negotiate an appropriate outcome or take any court action
The amount you can claim for compensation depends on your type of claim. It also takes into consideration your personal situation and losses you have experienced.
The amount you receive depends on the category of your claim and your personal situation.
In relation to unfair dismissal claims, the below aspects will be considered:
- How long you were employed with the business
- Your employment history
- Income details
- The potential income you would have obtained in the future if you hadn’t been unfairly dismissed (including incremental increases, promotions, etc)
- The attitude and behaviour of your employer
- Your own attitude and behaviour
- Disciplinary or performance circumstances
- Whether or not you want to recommence your employment position.
In relation to workers’ compensation claims, some of thekey factors include:
- The extent of your injuries
- How much your injuries impact your ability to work and earn income
- Your treatment requirements and associated costs
- Your support, care and assistance needs (e.g. home help)
- Your income and employment history
- Your age
- Your personal circumstances.
In terms of discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse or assault claims, there are a number ofconsiderations, including:
- The nature of the instance of harassment, discrimination, bullying, assault or abuse
- How the incident affects your ability to work or conduct day to day activities
- Whether you have suffered any physical or psychological injury, condition or symptoms because of harassment, discrimination, bullying, assault or abuse
- Your personal situation and losses experienced.
Attwood Marshall Lawyers provides an initial phone or face-to-face consultation at one of our conveniently located offices for a modest fee. During this time, we will listen to your instructions, go through your claim, and provide you with both verbal and written advice to instruct you on what you can do next.
If you instruct us to act on the claim moving forward, we will provide you with fee estimates at this stage.
Depending on the situation, costs might fall under our No Win, No Fee model, an upfront basis, or a fixed fee basis.
To find out more about our fees, please call 1800 621 071.
Yes, there are strict time limits which apply.
You are only given 21 days from your dismissal to submit an unfair dismissal claim or you will not be able to lodge one.
It is important that you get legal advice about any employment law issues as early as possible so that you can find out where you stand.
We have acted on behalf of injured, mistreated and harassed workers on the Gold Coast for 75 years.
Our team members are trained to listen and understand your story and what matters to you most.
With highly professional and skilled employment lawyers by your side, you are given the confidence you need to progress with your compensation law claim.
We operate on a No Win, No Fee model for approved cases.
We know that making an employment law claim can be stressful. Our team is here to support you throughout the entire process. We’ll work hard to get you the best possible result in the shortest timeframe possible.
Need help from an employment law expert?
If you have undergone harassment, bullying or discrimination at work, call our friendly team on 1800 621 071 or provide your details in the following form. We’ll get in touch to book your consultation with one of our expert Gold Coast employment lawyers.