Employment Lawyers Brisbane
Helping Brisbane workers for 75 years who have suffered unfair dismissal, discrimination, bullying and harassment, wrongful termination, sexual harassment, and disputes over wages and entitlements.
At Attwood Marshall Lawyers, our Brisbane employment law experts specialise in helping employees and workers resolve employment disputes.
We are experienced in defending clients in a range of employment law matters, including:
- Unfair dismissal
- Improper treatment
- Sexual Harassment
- Unfair disciplinary proceedings
- Withholding of wages and/or entitlements
We understand that employees are often at a disadvantage when it comes to disputes with their employer. Employers have extra funds, human resources staff and procedures to lean on, and access to their own lawyers to help protect them from action being brought against them.
Our Brisbane Employment Lawyers act for employees across all industries and will advocate for your rights. If you have been wrongly dismissed or mistreated at work, our team can assist you.
Our Brisbane lawyers will assess your claim, listen to your instructions, and provide you with advice as to your claim and the steps you should take. If you instruct us to act on the claim, we will provide you with estimated costs at that time.
To speak with our expert workplace lawyers and to get your employment law claim underway, contact Attwood Marshall Lawyers on 1800 621 071.
Book online now
Free Info Pack
Provide your details below and our Employment Disputes Information Pack will be sent to your inbox.
In this pack, we include information about employment law, workplace disputes, what entitlements you may be eligible to claim, and information about the claim’s process.
Brisbane Employment Law Claims – Frequently Asked Questions
Employment law governs employer and employee relationships and contracts. Our lawyers represent employees to ensure that their rights under employment law are protected.
The common employment claims that we specialise in include unfair dismissal claims, discrimination claims, bullying and harassment claims, wrongful termination, sexual harassment claims redundancy, contract issues, work accidents and injuries, industrial disputes, and general employment issues.
- Contact Attwood Marshall Lawyers and one of our expert employment lawyers will hold an initial consultation with you, for a modest fee, in which you will be provided with verbal and written advice about your rights to claim and the next steps required.
- If you wish to proceed with your claim and instruct Attwood Marshall Lawyers to act on your behalf, we will provide you with a Cost Agreement, represent you throughout the claim, and negotiate a suitable outcome or take any court action necessary on your behalf.
The amount of compensation you can claim will depend on the type of your claim (e.g. unfair dismissal, workers’ compensation, etc). Your personal circumstances and losses you have incurred will also impact what type of compensation you may be entitled to claim.
The amount of compensation you receive will depend on your type of claim and your personal circumstances.
Some of the factors for each type of claim include:
Unfair dismissal claims:
- Your length of employment with the business
- Your employment history
- Your income history
- The likely income you would have received in the future if you had not been unfairly dismissed (including incremental increases, promotions, etc)
- The conduct of the employer
- Your own conduct
- The reasonableness or otherwise of either party regarding any disciplinary or performance issues
- Whether or not you want to be reinstated in your employment position.
Workers’ compensation claims:
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- The effects of your injuries on your ability to work and earn income
- Your treatment requirements and the associated costs
- Your care and assistance (home help) requirements
- Your employment and income history
- Your age and personal circumstances.
Discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse or assault claims
- The nature of the discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse or assault
- The effects of same upon your ability to work, earn income, or undertake your usual daily activities
- Whether you have suffered any physical or psychological injury, condition or symptoms as a result of the discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse or assault
- Your personal circumstances and losses sustained.
Our unfair dismissal lawyers Brisbane offer an initial telephone or face-to-face consultation at our Brisbane City office located at Level 27, Santos Place, Turbot Street, Brisbane. The initial consultation will incur a modest fee. Our lawyers will listen to your instructions, assess your claim, and provide you with legal advice as to your potential claim and the steps you should take.
If you instruct us to act on the claim moving forward, we will provide you with further advice and costs estimates at that time.
Depending on the circumstances, costs might be charged on a No Win, No Fee basis, an upfront basis, or a fixed fee basis.
To find out more about costs associated with making an employment law claim, please call 1800 621 071.
The length of time for your claim depends upon the type of claim and what steps are required to progress the matter to a resolution.
Yes, strict time limits apply.
From the time you are dismissed from your work, you only have 21 days from to make an unfair dismissal claim or you will not be able to claim.
It is imperative that you obtain legal advice as soon as possible so that you can find out where you stand.
Attwood Marshall Lawyers have acted for injured, mistreated and victims of abuse and discrimination for 75 years.
Our employment lawyers Brisbane are trained to listen and connect with you to ensure that we understand your story and what is important to you.
With highly experienced and skilled employment lawyers on your side, you can have confidence in knowing you are being represented by Brisbane’s leaders in compensation law.
We act on a No Win, No Fee basis in approved cases.
We know that making an employment law claim can be a daunting process. We are here to assist you every step of the way to ensure that you achieve your optimum result in the shortest time and with as little stress as possible.
Wondering if you qualify for an employment law claim?
If you have experienced bullying, unfair dismissal or discrimination at work, get in touch with our friendly team by calling 1800 621 071 or complete this form and we will contact you to book a consultation with one of our workplace lawyers in Brisbane.