NSW Public Liability Claims
Have you been involved in a public liability accident and suffered a personal injury?
When someone breaches their duty of care, and it causes you to have an accident or injure yourself, you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation.
Attwood Marshall Lawyers can help you claim for compensation if you have been injured in a public liability accident at a public place, private premises, a business, or on someone else’s land. We have a dedicated public liability team who practice exclusively in these types of claims.
You may be able to make a public liability claim to cover past and future medical costs, loss of income, pain and suffering, as well as compensation to cover the care and help provided to you from your friends, family and other individuals.
Contact our expert compensation law team today to discuss your matter. Your public liability lawyer will be able to determine your prospects of successfully claiming compensation for your personal injury and can advise you on the next steps to take to get your claim underway.
The most common injuries we handle for public liability claims include:
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Head injuries, brain injuries, concussion, brain damage;
- Spinal injuries
- Quadriplegia and tetraplegia
- Fractures, broken bones
- Shoulder injuries
- Knee injuries
- Hand, wrist and elbow injuries
- Feet, ankle and leg injuries
- Eye injuries
- Psychological injury and trauma
- Scarring and burns
- Cuts and lacerations
Book online now
Our Public Liability services include:
1. Talk to us
Tell us your story; we’re here to listen!
Meet with one of one of our public liability lawyers for a free initial consultation.
Your lawyer will manage all discussions and negotiations. We will fight for you to achieve the best possible result.
Once your case has settled and we receive your compensation payment from the insurer, we will transfer it directly into your nominated bank account.
Public liability claims cover a wide variety of accidents that have happened on public property, private premises, as well as injuries caused by others such as medical negligence or assault.
Many people are unsure if they may be entitled to compensation after suffering a personal injury. The best way to determine your right to compensation is to contact Attwood Marshall Lawyers on 1800 621 071 and speak with our Compensation Law team about your specific matter.
Step 1: Get medical treatment for your injury and tell your doctor how your injury happened.
Step 2: Get the contact details of anyone who witnessed you getting injured.
Step 3: Take photos or video of your injuries and the place that the accident happened.
Step 4: Contact Attwood Marshall Lawyers on 1800 621 071 as early as possible to discuss your claim.
Step 5: Serve a letter of demand on the person or entity who is responsible for your injury. (We will help you with this!)
We can help you with the steps required to make a public liability claim. For help, call 1800 621 071.
- Medical treatment costs
- General damages, pain and suffering
- Loss of income and earning capacity, including interest and superannuation
- Aids, wheelchairs, prostheses, and equipment
- Employment services, retraining or return to work expenses
- Care and help provided for personal care, domestic chores, cleaning, garden, driving and home maintenance provided by relatives or other individuals
- Home modification costs, if required
- Commercial care for things such as cleaning, gardening etc.
- A contribution towards your legal fees and evidence costs (depending on the value of the claim)
The amount of compensation you may be able to claim depends on the facts of your case. There are many variables that can impact how much compensation you can claim, including:
- The nature, severity, and permanency of your injury
- Your age
- Your income, qualifications, and employment history
- The impact your injury will have on your earning capacity
- Treatment requirements
- Care requirements
- The opinions expressed by your treatment providers and independent medico-legal assessors.
Your injuries need to be deemed medically stable and stationary to determine a more accurate estimation of the value of your compensation claim. It is only once your injury is stable that you can be assessed by independent medico-legal assessors who will then provide reports on the effects of your injuries on all aspects of your life.
In most cases, a claim will take 12-24 months to resolve. The length of a compensation claim will depend on your unique situation, how long it takes for your injuries to stabilise and the attitudes of all parties towards settling the claim.
Our public liability lawyers will strive to settle your claim as quickly as possible so that you can move on with your life and hopefully put this event behind you.
Most public liability claims are settled out of court, informally, or at a settlement conference. It is rare for these types of claims to proceed to court, although it does happen.
Yes! Time limits apply.
An injured claimant must serve a letter of demand on the negligent party and commence the claim in court (by filing and serving pleadings) within 3 years of the accident or the claim will be statute-barred. This means you will be prevented from making a claim after that date.
To ensure you make your claim within the strict time limits, it is imperative you seek legal advice from an experienced public liability lawyer as soon as possible. Contact our team anytime on 1800 621 071.
As a leading Compensation Law firm, our team understand the impact an injury or illness can have on your life. We have been representing clients with personal injury claims for over 75 years. Our intent is to help people and change their lives for the better. We have an exemplary track record for succeeding with NSW public liability claims, often in the face of overwhelming odds!
We understand that engaging with a lawyer and making a public liability claim can be a daunting process. We are here to help you every step of the way to ensure that you can achieve a positive outcome in the shortest possible timeframe.
We’re here to help you and offer:
- A No Win, No Fee Guarantee. There are no upfront costs and you won’t have to pay our legal fees if you do not win your case!
- A free initial consultation. Your public liability claim will be assessed immediately;
- An expert team that practice exclusively in compensation law, led by Accredited Specialists in Personal Injury Law;
- 24-hour availability;
- Home and hospital visits;
- Attwood Marshall Lawyers maintain an accreditation to the Quality Management System ISO 9001:2015 in the Provision of Legal Services. This means our systems provide our clients with the best customer experience and quality services that comply with a standard approved by the International Standards Organisation for Quality Management Systems. These systems help us deliver our intent.
No Win, No Fee Public Liability Lawyers
Attwood Marshall Lawyers act on a No Win, No Fee basis. You only pay our fees if you win your case and receive compensation! There are no upfront costs. We offer a free, no-obligation and confidential discussion so you can find out exactly where you stand from the very start.
Send a message
Free Compensation Checker
Want to find out in 30 seconds or less if you are eligible to make a No Win, No Fee compensation claim?