Compensation for a Public Liability Accident
No Win, No Fee Gold Coast Lawyers
Suffered an injury on the Gold Coast in a public place, private site or on another person’s land? Perhaps you experienced a trip or fall accident. No matter what your situation is, Attwood Marshall Lawyers has qualified public liability lawyers readily available to help you make a claim for compensation.
If an individual has breached their duty of care, resulting in injury, you might be eligible for a public liability claim for:
- Treatment costs
- Wages or income
- Travel and medication
- Pain and suffering
- Rehabilitation costs
- Care and assistance for home help provided by others
Our dedicated team have extensive experience in claiming for compensation for those who have suffered from an injury involving:
- Bone Fractures
- Scarring and Burns
- Cuts and Lacerations
- Psychological injury and trauma
In order to be successful in claiming compensation, the individual at fault for your situation must have owed you a duty of care and breached it, and you must have suffered the injury as a result. These claims include an extensive list of personal injury claims.
Accidents relating to Public Liability can include:
- Slips or falls
- Incidents that occurred on a private premise or public space
- Cases at a relative or friend’s residence
- Accidents on council property, parks and gardens, playgrounds, schools as well as footpaths
- Accidents within a rental property where you are a tenant
- Food poisoning
- Sexual assault and abuse
- Physical assault and abuse
- Accidents at rec centres, amusement parks, sporting facilities, entertainment facilities
- A work-related injury on a worksite that is not your own, or at space under someone else’s control (e.g. a primary contractor)
- Boat incidents
- Medical negligence or malpractice
Our Gold Coast Public Liability Lawyers operate on a No Win, No Fee model which means you only pay for costs if you receive compensation. If your claim isn’t successful, we won’t charge you any fees.
Our supportive lawyers offer a free consultation with no obligation, allowing you to understand your situation. You can visit our team at any of our offices located at Robina Town Centre, Coolangatta or Kingscliff. Alternatively, we can come to your home, a hospital, or any other location to discuss your claim. Want to connect virtually? We can arrange for a phone consultation or Zoom call with your lawyer.
*Time Limits Apply – contact us today.
Book your free consultation online now
1. Get in touch
Talk to our team and tell us your story, we’re here to listen
Our professional Gold Coast legal team will discuss your case and what you can expect
We’ll manage all aspects of the situation with the insurer and fight to obtain the best possible result
Settlement moves forward. We’ll process payments received as soon as we get it.
Gold Coast Public Liability Claims – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you have experienced an injury in a public liability incident, or were injured because of someone else’s actions, you might be able to make a public liability claim.
The best way to determine if you are eligible to make a claim is to contact our team on 1800 621 071 to discuss your unique situation.
Many individuals experience an injury and aren’t aware that they are entitled to claim compensation for their injury.
- Get legal advice as soon as you can
- Seek treatment and tell your GP how you injured yourself
- Get any details from people who witnessed the incident
- Take photos or video footage of how you were injured and where (if possible)
- Fill in and serve a PIPA Notice of Claim form on the individual or company responsible for the damage caused.
We can support you with this process. For help, call 1800 621 071.
You may be able to receive a lump sum compensation payment for the losses you have incurred, or will incur, as a result of your condition, injury or psychological trauma.
Depending on your situation, a public liability compensation claim can feature:
- General damages, suffering and pain;
- Loss of wages or income or the loss of ability to earn. This includes interest and superannuation;
- Treatment costs– including surgery, r travel or medication; hospitalisation and rehabilitation.
- Aids, equipment, prostheses and wheelchairs;
- Employment services provider, retraining, and/or return to work costs;
- Support and assistance offered by relatives/others for aspects of personal care (mobilisation, grooming, showering, dressing), domestic duties and chores, cleaning, gardening or yard work, home maintenance, driving;
- Paid/commercial support, such as gardening or cleaning;
- Home modification expenses;
- Depending on the value of the claim, the defendant/insurer may also be required to contribute to the injured person’s legal fees and evidence expenses.
The amount you may be entitled to claim depends on many variables, such as:
- The nature, extent and permanency of your condition;
- Your age;
- Your salary, qualifications, skills, and employment history;
- The effects of your injuries on your ability to earn income;
- Your requirements for treatment;
- Your care and need for assistance;
- The opinions expressed by your treatment providers and independent medico-legal assessors.
It’s unfortunately not possible to provide an accurate estimation of the value of your claim until all injuries are considered medically stable. At that stage, you will be observed by independent medico-legal assessors who provide reports on the symptoms of your injuries and impact these will have on your life.
The length of a compensation claim depends on how long the person’s injuries take to stabilise and what the parties’ attitudes are towards settling the claim.
Generally, a claim will take 12-18 months unless the claim is complicated or involves quite serious injuries.
We operate on a No Win, No Fee model, which results in you not having to pay anything until we successfully win your case.
If we do not win, you do not have to pay our costs – we waive them entirely.
Get in touch for a free, no-obligation consultation and our lawyers will give you insights about your case, cost estimates and what the next steps may be.
Call us on 1800 621 071..
It’s unlikely you will need to go to court for your claim. Most public liability cases are settled outside of court, and are resolved informally, or at a settlement conference.
The PIPA Notice of Claim must be served to the defendant within 9 months of the accident (or date of first symptoms) or reasonable means for delay are required. The nine-month time frame is rarely detrimental to a compensation claim. However, legal advice should be obtained at the earliest opportunity.
Three-year time limits:
Your case must commence in court (or otherwise have its limitation protected) within three years from the date of accident or the claim will be statute-barred. This means you will be prevented from putting forward a claim after that date.
For those under the age of 18 (minors), the three-year time frame does not expire until three years after their 18th birthday (i.e. their 21st birthday).
Because time limits apply, it is important that you get legal advice as soon as possible. Call us on 1800 621 071.
Our team of lawyers have supported injured people in public liability cases on the Gold Coast for 75 years.
We understand the impact and trauma that an injury or illness can have on your life and your livelihood. Our team are trained to listen to ensure your unique case is handled appropriately and you can achieve the best possible result.
We act on a No Win, No Fee basis.
We will assist you every step of the way to make sure you understand where you stand throughout the process and your matter is tended to as quickly as possible.
No Win, No Fee Gold Coast Public Liability Lawyers
Our No Win, No Fee model allows you to make your claim for compensation without having to worry about any upfront costs. You will only pay our fees if you succeed with your case and receive compensation. We offer a free, no-obligation and confidential discussion to find out prospects for success. You can visit our lawyers at any of our conveniently located offices on the Gold Coast at Robina Town Centre, Coolangatta or just over the NSW border at Kingscliff.
Send a message
Free Compensation Checker
Check now to determine if you have a No Win, No Fee compensation claim in 30 seconds or less.