Compensation for Motor Vehicle Accidents - Sydney
Sydney Personal Injury Lawyers
Helping you claim compensation if you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident
Attwood Marshall Lawyers are one of Sydney’s leading compensation law firms helping people who have been injured in a motor vehicle accident claim compensation and get back on the road to recovery.
Motor vehicle accidents can impact all road users, including drivers of cars and trucks, passengers, pedestrians, motorcyclists, and bicycle riders.
If you have been injured on Sydney roads, you may be entitled to claim compensation for your injuries, which can cover weekly payments, your medical and treatment costs, and other expenses.
You may also be eligible to claim common law compensation by taking action against the insurer of a negligent driver or road user.
We offer our No Win, No Fee Guarantee for all motor vehicle accident compensation claims in Sydney. What this means is that you only pay our fees if you win your claim. In most cases, the insurer is required to pay for, or contribute towards, your total legal costs. In the event your claim is unsuccessful, you will not have to pay for anything as we will waive your costs.
To find out where you stand, book your free, no-obligation consultation today and speak with one of our friendly Sydney lawyers who can talk you through the claims process.
Book online now
1. Get in touch
Tell us your story; we’re here to listen!
Have a no-obligation free consultation with one of our Sydney compensation lawyers who can advise you of your prospects of success and immediately assess your claim.
Our team will manage all the negotiations with the insurer and fight to get you the best possible result.
Once we receive your settlement from the insurer, we will transfer your payment into your bank account. You can then put this matter behind you and focus on your recovery.
There are many circumstances in which you may be eligible to make a motor vehicle compensation claim for an injury sustained in a motor vehicle accident.
Some of these circumstances include (but are not limited to):
- If the other driver or road user was at fault for the accident
- If the injured party was under 16 years old and a resident of New South Wales at the time of the accident. In this case, you can make a claim for the children’s special benefit, regardless of who was at fault for the accident.
- Blameless accidents, such as accidents caused by an unexplained mechanical failure or by an unavoidable collision with wildlife or an object on the road.
To find out more information and to determine your eligibility to make a motor vehicle accident compensation claim, contact our Sydney lawyers any time on 1800 621 071.
If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident and the vehicle at fault was unregistered, uninsured or cannot be identified, you can make a claim against the Nominal Defendant.
The Nominal Defendant steps into the place of the defendant and a claim against the Nominal Defendant is dealt with in the same way as a claim against a CTP insurer.
Strict time limits apply when making a claim against the Nominal Defendant, so it is imperative that you seek advice from an experienced compensation lawyer at the earliest opportunity to get your claim underway.
We offer a No Win, No Fee guarantee for motor vehicle accident compensation claims in New South Wales. This means we defer your legal fees and pay your evidence costs on your behalf until the end of your claim. Even then, the insurer is often ordered to contribute towards your total legal costs. If we do not successfully win your case, you will not need to pay our legal costs – we will waive them entirely.
Yes, there are strict time limitations that apply to motor vehicle accident compensation claims. In most cases, a strict three-year time limitation from the date of accident applies, or the claim will be statute-barred. For claims against the Nominal Defendant, there are critical timeframes you must adhere to. Call us today and we will help you get your claim underway as soon as possible.
The following steps briefly outline the steps to take to make a motor vehicle accident compensation claim:
- Report the accident to the police
- Collect details such as the registration numbers, witness names, police details, photographs or dash cam footage
- Contact our Sydney team at the earliest opportunity to obtain legal advice
- Serve a Personal Injury Claim Form on the CTP insurer
- Once your injuries are medically stable, we’ll have your injuries and condition assessed and provide evidence and information to the insurer
- We’ll undertake settlement negotiations with the insurer on your behalf. Most claims are resolved informally or at out of court settlement conferences
- If settlement negotiations fail, we will progress your matter to the Claims Assessment Resolution Service (CARS) or to court within 3 years of the accident.
Contact our Motor Vehicle Accident Claims team on 1800 621 071 to discuss your accident and the compensation claims process.
Attwood Marshall Lawyers have been helping injured road users with their compensation claims for over 75 years. We remain at the forefront of the legal industry and are proud of our long-standing history of achieving excellent results for our clients.
Our compensation lawyers are trained to listen and connect with our clients and will work tirelessly on your claim so that you can focus on your recovery and your wellbeing.
Unlike small or large national law firms, we provide our clients with the best of both worlds, combining top tier legal knowledge, resources, and expertise with local law firm customer service.
We promise you:
- Our No Win, No Fee Guarantee
- Free initial no-obligation consultation
- Immediate assessment of your claim
- No upfront costs
- An expert team who will keep you updated every step of the way
- 24-hour availability
- Home and hospital visits if you are unable to visit us at one of our offices.
No Win, No Fee Sydney Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers
Attwood Marshall Lawyers act on a No Win, No Fee basis.
You only pay our fees if you win your case and receive compensation! There are no upfront costs. We offer a free, no-obligation and confidential discussion with our friendly lawyers so you can find out exactly where you stand.
Send a message
Free Compensation Checker
Want to find out in 30 seconds or less if you are eligible to make a No Win, No Fee compensation claim?